As an active outdoors man, Dr. Cox regards protecting our natural resources and environment as a priority. Part of this commitment has involved implementation of sustainable practices that go far beyond the norm in the dental industry, including:
- Our intensive, all-inclusive office recycling program has resulted in more than a 70% reduction in waste sent to the landfill.
- Our state-of-the-art, dry-vacuum system saves more than 125,000 gallons of water each year, as compared to most dental vacuum systems, which use 60 gallons of water an hour. Our system also separates mercury and metal waste for recycling, which makes it possible to keep waste materials out of our city’s waste-water system.
- Energy-efficient lighting and heating systems, including a tankless hot water heater, provide up to 40% energy savings.
- We are a latex-free office.
- We are a City of Fort Collins ClimateWise Partner. ClimateWise is a voluntary program dedicated to helping local businesses and the environment. The goal of ClimateWise is to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by promoting waste reduction, energy savings, alternative transportation, and water conservation, and practicing pollution prevention.
- In addition to these efforts, Dr. Cox reduces his personal carbon footprint by riding his bike to and from work year-round.
Dr. Brian Cox Dentistry is committed to giving back to the Fort Collins community. Our favorite community involvement activities include:
We are a City of Fort Collins ClimateWise Partner. ClimateWise is a voluntary program dedicated to helping local businesses and the environment. The goal of ClimateWise is to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by promoting waste reduction, energy savings, alternative transportation, and water conservation, and practicing pollution prevention.
A program that provides free or reduced dental care services to our community’s low-income children.
A partnership of dentists, local agencies, and consumers working together with the Health District of Northern Larimer County to help people find affordable dental care.
Dental Lifeline Network
A charitable affiliate of the American Dental Association that makes oral health care accessible to needy individuals who are disabled, elderly, or medically compromised.
Save the Poudre Volunteer and Supporter
Save the Poudre is dedicated to restoring the Cache la Poudre River to a healthy and vibrant condition while protecting the river from the threats that endanger it.
Larimer County Food Bank Supporter
By providing food to community partnerships and hunger-relief programs, the Larimer County Food Bank works toward its vision of a hunger-free Larimer County.
Larimer Humane Society Supporter
The Larimer Humane Society provides shelter, medical attention, and care for more than 12,000 animals per year, to promote responsible care and treatment of animals.
Animal House Volunteer and Supporter
This organization partners with other area animal shelters to provide housing and fostering for homeless animals, and thereby reduces the rate of euthanasia of healthy adoptable animals.